Friday, January 15, 2010

More About Paleo Eating

Right up front, beginning Day 4 on the Paleo/Zone plan: I feel like crap. Last night at the gym I was tired, run down and just wanted to sit and I don't feel any better this morning.

Did a few half-hearted/half-assed barbell snatches, but I did get in 10 minutes of 1 Arm Bottoms Up Long Cycle Clean and Press with the 12 kg bell @ 9 RPMs, so 90 reps.

Didn't sleep well. Actually, I'm not sure I slept at all.

This discomfort was foretold, though. So I'll ride it out.

On getting carbs from fruit: Wild fruit contains hexose dominated sugar+high fiber, cultivated fruits are sucrose dominated with less fiber. Ironic since low fiber & sucrose is one of the problems with the "modern" diet. As far as sugar/fiber goes:are... grocery store oranges,apples and bananas any better than candy? Need more complex carb sources. I think the fruit is just making my blood sugar spike and then the insulin kicks in and I crash even though I am eating with/as part of meals and not alone.

I'll follow up on the Silver Back question in a day or two when my head clears...right now I just want to take a nap.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Right around day 4 is when I started noticing that I was feeling bad. I remember there was a workout: Box Jumps, Burpees, Thrusters, and Running with a 500m Row warmup. After I did the warmup I sat on a box for about 15 minutes until I felt good again. And during the WOD the running was more like walking. Just had no energy at all! It took me about two weeks then it was like a switch flipped and I started killing workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,
    Here's what I posted on FB will edit the blog too.
    "Getting carbs from fruit: Wild fruit contains hexose dominated sugar+high fiber, cultivated fruits are sucrose dominated with less fiber. Ironic since low fiber & sucrose is one of the problems with the "modern" diet. As far as sugar/fiber goes:are... grocery store oranges,apples and bananas any better than candy? Need more complex carb sources."

    ReplyDelete